The North Horse Creek Trailhead is popular for hiking and mountain biking in summer, and especially snowmobiling and Nordic skiing in winter. The trailhead gives access along Horse Creek and climbs the south side of the Hoback Rim dropping into the Hoback River drainage.
Open park and forested slopes make this trail a pleasant ramble along the creek, with easy access to the Wyoming Range National Recreation Trail.
Trailhead Provides Access To
North Horse Creek Trailhead provides access to the northern Wyoming Mountain Range including:
- Popular Trails and/or Destinations Accessed:
- Hoback Rim
- Hoback River Trail
- Wyoming Range National Recreation Trail
Bridger-Teton National Forest Reminders
- Practice good campfire safety and make sure the fire is completely out before leaving your camping site.
- Be familiar with food storage requirements when camping.
- Organized groups and recreational livestock users are required to have a Bridger Wilderness Permit.
- Come prepared with mosquito face nets, repellent, bear spray, and first aid kit.