Located approximately 11 miles from Pinedale, this is a low-use trail network. The first portion of the road is paved, followed by two miles of maintained gravel road to a small parking area.
The Half Moon Lake campground is detached from the trailhead and offers 16 campsites and vault toilets. The trailhead has a day use area on the lake shore. No water is available at the campground, day use area, or trailhead. There is a boat ramp with parking area prior to the trailhead.
Trailhead Provides Access To
- Popular Trails and/or Day Hikes Accessed:
- Central section of the Continental Divide Scenic Trail
- Popular Lakes Accessed:
- Half Moon Lake
- Fayette Lake
- Chain Lakes
Bridger-Teton National Forest Reminders
- Practice good campfire safety and make sure the fire is completely out before leaving your camping site.
- Be familiar with food storage requirements when camping.
- Organized groups and recreational livestock users are required to have a Bridger Wilderness Permit.
- Come prepared with mosquito face nets, repellent, bear spray, and first aid kit.
- Mountain Range
Central Wind River Range, 11 miles east of Pinedale, Wyoming.
End of May thru mid October
- Traffic Usage
- Official Forest Service Link
- Managing Ranger District