Burnt Lake Trailhead provides good fishing access for those who want the solitude of a low-use area. Burnt Lake is located approximately 24 miles from Pinedale and is at an elevation of 8,000 feet.
The road is rough gravel and a high-clearance vehicle is recommended. RVs are not advised. There is no drinking water available, and no corrals at the campground. The closest town is Boulder which has limited services and few supplies, and Pinedale is the closest town with full services.
Trailhead Provides Access To
- Backcountry angler's paradise with high concentration of alpine lakes.
- Popular Lakes Accessed:
- Timico Lake
- Horseshoe Lake
- Central section of the Continental Divide Scenic Trail.
Bridger-Teton National Forest Reminders
- Practice good campfire safety and make sure the fire is completely out before leaving your camping site.
- Be familiar with food storage requirements when camping.
- Organized groups and recreational livestock users are required to have a Bridger Wilderness Permit.
- Come prepared with mosquito face nets, repellent, bear spray, and first aid kit.
- Mountain Range
Central Wind River Range, 24 miles southeast of Pinedale, Wyoming.
Mid-June thru mid-September
- Traffic Usage
- Official Forest Service Link
- Managing Ranger District