Spring Creek Park boasts quiet hiking through timber and meadows to gradually gain higher elevations above tree line. The trailhead is located approximately 12 miles north of Pinedale.
High clearance vehicles are strongly recommended, and due to the roughness of the road the hiking and stock use is light. There is a large parking area with one corral, but no restrooms or water available at the trailhead. No campground nearby.
Trailhead Provides Access To
- Popular Trails and/or Destinations Accessed:
- Central section of the Continental Divide Scenic Trail
- Stroud Glacier (headwaters of the Green River)
- Popular Lakes Accessed:
- Glimpse Lake
- Trapper Lake
- Summit Lake
- Elbow Lake
- Peak Lake
- Popular Peaks Accessed:
- Stroud Peak
Bridger-Teton National Forest Reminders
- Practice good campfire safety and make sure the fire is completely out before leaving your camping site.
- Be familiar with food storage requirements when camping.
- Organized groups and recreational livestock users are required to have a Bridger Wilderness Permit.
- Come prepared with mosquito face nets, repellent, bear spray, and first aid kit.
- Mountain Range
Central Wind River Range, 12 miles north of Pinedale, Wyoming.
June thru September
- Traffic Usage
- Official Forest Service Link
- Managing Ranger District