ATVing in the Winds - An ATVer crests a hill in the Bridger Teton National Forest

ATVing in the Winds – An ATVer crests a hill in the Bridger Teton National Forest

Off Road Vehicle (ORV) Maps

Those interested can pick up rules and regulations regarding ATVs from the Pinedale Ranger District. Order your ORV permit and trail maps they will be mailed to you within two weeks. The ORV permit is valid for a calendar year and required for both residents and non-residents. There is no reciprocity with other state's OHV or ORV permits. 

Remember that motorized vehicles are not allowed in designated areas of the Bridger and Gros Ventre Wildernesses.


Off-Highway Vehicles are described as Motorcycles, ATV?s, and UTV?s (side-by-sides), and are allowed on designated motorized routes on the Bridger-Teton National Forest (Seasonal restrictions apply—see the annual Motor Vehicle Use Map - Pinedale Ranger District for the the Bridger-Teton National Forest). State Licensed operators are able to ride on Designated Forest Service Roads if the vehicle is physically licensed and or if the vehicles have a Wyoming State Permit/Sticker which must be purchased each year annually. Non-licensed riders (under 16 years of age), may ride on designated motorized trails if the vehicle has an annual Wyoming State Permit/Sticker of the year displayed (on right fender). Non-licensed riders may not ride on Forest Service Roads. Designated Motorized Trails are available to either single-track motorcycles only or OHV?s 50 inches or less in vehicle width. Permitted vehicles wider than 50 inches in vehicle width (UTV?s or side-by-sides), may only be driven on Forest Service Designated Roads. All OHV?s must have a current Wyoming State Permit/Sticker of the year it is being ridden. OHV Permit/Stickers from other states are not accepted permits in the State of Wyoming. To purchase a Wyoming State Permit/Sticker go to the Wyoming State website.